How Infrared Sauna sessions can boost your immune system this Winter
It is coming to that time of the year again, the days are getting shorter and the weather is getting colder. As the temperature drops the cold and flu viruses spread more easily since they flourish in this climate. Unless we hole ourselves up for the cooler months, we can find it hard to avoid these germs. By strengthening our immune system we can better fight off these illnesses.
There are various ‘over-the-counter’ remedies to help boost your immune system. A daily shot of organic aloe vera juice will certainly help keep the bugs at bay.
Garlic, ginger, turmeric and Echinacea are also well known to assist your immune system to fight off illness.
What causes a weakened immune system? Several factors can affect your immune system Stress, lack or exercise, malnutrition, lack of sleep, toxins or a combination of all of these.
Regular infrared sauna sessions are a great way to keep healthy and well and keep your immune system functioning at its best. Here’s how!
1. Keeping your white blood cell count up. The heat generated by an infrared sauna stimulates energy at a cellular level, which, in turn increases the body’s production of white blood cells. These cells act as a first line of defence when infection strikes. An increased production of white blood cells (stimulated by the infrared sauna) ca help the body fight off illness.
2. Trigger the immune system. “Give me a fever and I can cure any disease” – Hippocrates. Your infrared sauna session puts your body into a ‘fever’ which in turn triggers your immune system to act to protect you.
3. Release toxins. Modern day life is full of toxins, from the air we breathe to the food we eat to the products we use in day-to-day life. A major benefit of infrared sauna sessions is detoxification. If we can sweat out the nasties our immune system has less to fight off.
4. Increase your cell regeneration. Infrared sauna sessions stimulate cell regeneration. This type of regeneration can help get rid of cells that might be old, damaged or ineffective and replaces them with new cells. This process does happen naturally, however, the infrared sauna session speeds up the process, helping the body run as smoothly as possible. This is especially beneficial during the colder months as the body is being attacked more frequently.
5. Stress relief. High stress produces high levels of cortisol, which can often results in a weakened immune system. Regular infrared sauna sessions help balance the cortisol levels and relaxes the mind and body.
Book yourself in for a weekly infrared sauna over the winter months, not only will you keep yourself well, your will also look and feel amazing!